Are you having an itchy, inflamed scalp? We understand how you feel, and the answer is surprising: oils. According to many dermatologists, they’re occlusive, which means they seal in moisture. Organic oils will keep your scalp moisturized and provide soothing treatment when it becomes irritated.
In brief, when applied to the skin, argan oil benefits for skin are numerous, many of which extend to the scalp. Let’s dive into the details.
Main Causes of Dry Scalp
Your scalp, just like your skin, can also become dry. Itching, flaking, and irritation are signs of dry skin, which means your skin lacks the oil that retains its moisture. Your dry scalp experiences the same symptoms and they can happen for a variety of reasons, the most common of which are:
The Power of Argan Oil on Dry Scalp
What are the benefits of Argan oil? What can it do for your hair? Or even better… what can’t it do!
When extracted from Moroccan argan trees, it can be used as a body oil, a natural oil for hair, and even culinary oil. While argan oil has been a staple in Africa for generations, the mega-multitasker has recently gained popularity in the Western world due to its capacity to transform hair.
So, if your scalp is dry, inflamed, and itchy, argan oil can be a one-stop solution and it can be incorporated within your natural skincare products.
Excellent Moisturizing Abilities
Because it’s high in fatty acids, primarily oleic and linoleic acid, argan oil is commonly used as a moisturizer for skin and hair. These oils have been shown to lubricate the hair shaft and lock in moisture in your hair.
Argan oil is a nourishing hair oil; It’s high in vitamin E, which forms a fatty layer on your hair and scalp, which can help prevent dryness, minimize frizz, nourish skin, and increase shine.
Improves scalp health
Argan oil is beneficial to the skin because of its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant characteristics. It can be used as a hair care oil which can aid in the prevention or improvement of skin disorders, like those that damage the scalp and cause hair loss, such as: seborrheic dermatitis and psoriasis.
How to Choose the Best Argan Oil for Hair?
When looking for the best argan oil for hair, go for the following:
- 100% pure organic argan oil with no added components
- Branded for cosmetic use and packaged in a dark-colored glass bottle to maintain its properties.
- Has no odor at all. Pure argan oil for cosmetic purposes should have no odor at all. A strong, rancid odor indicates a poor-quality argan oil.
All these features can be found at Najel Organics, as it offers you organic all-natural oils for the face, body and hair, including its organic argan oil which is suitable for dry scalp treatment.
How to use Argan Oil for Dry Scalp Treatment?
Many well-known hair stylists and dermatologists advocate the use of argan oil as a hair care oil and dry scalp treatment. Not sure how to use argan oil for these purposes? Follow these guidelines that answer all your questions!
1) Exfoliate your scalp before applying.
You must eliminate anything that is preventing oil from reaching your hair follicles in order for it to nourish your hair. Dandruff, dirt, and other substances and buildups obstruct oil’s ability to perform its function.
If you want to get the most out of argan oil, exfoliate your scalp to remove any barriers and allow it to penetrate more effectively.
2) Massage your scalp
After you’ve washed your hair, make sure you’ve dried it well. Start massaging the scalp gently with a few drops of argan oil in your palms. By massaging your hair, you’re allowing the oil to go deep into the roots, where it can work its magic.
- Massage in a circular manner with your fingertips, moving around different parts of your scalp.
- The best approach to massage it is to begin at the front and work your way backwards.
- Continue massaging for a few minutes until the oil is evenly distributed across the scalp.
To see quick results, repeat this practice three to four times per week.
3) Make a hair mask.
It’s not difficult to make a hair mask with argan oil. Because argan oil is a carrier oil rather than an essential oil, you can combine it with another essential oil for further benefits.
- To make your own hair mask, combine pure argan oil with essential oils.
- Apply a small bit of the mixture to your hair directly.
- Massage your scalp and hair, and they will be soothed. Continue massaging your hair for several minutes, or until the oil has completely covered all of your strands.
- Allow the oil to sit in your hair for the entire day. Once it has penetrated, properly rinse it.
4) Shampoo with Argan Oil
Argan oil is a common ingredient in shampoos found in stores. You can make one yourself if you don’t want to spend the extra money.
- Before applying, add a few drops of argan oil into your regular shampoo and mix.
- Apply it to your head directly and rub it in with your fingertips.
- Allow it to soak in for a few minutes before thoroughly rinsing it off.
You can follow by applying a conditioner. To get the best results, repeat this practice two to three times every week. In a very short amount of time, you’ll notice how progressively your scalp is no longer dry. Make this a part of your daily natural skincare routine to get rid of dry scalp.
In a nutshell, there’s a reason why argan oil is referred to as “liquid gold ” because it does wonders to your hair, especially your scalp, let alone that thanks to argan oil, you’re collaborating with the planet!